PDA

View Full Version : PodAds -looking for sponsors -podcasters check it out soon

podcast designs
Dec 19th, 2005, 10:58 AM
I know this is a place for podcasters but I figured there may be some people out there with their own business or organization that would like to become part of this.

PodAds, a division of Podcast Designs, is going to consist of a huge directory of people willing to sponsor podcasters. They decide how much they want to pay for what type of advertising whether in the podcasts or on websites. They decide if they want the podcaster to have a certain number of listeners or previous shows or rating.

Then they are listed in the directory. There is no charge to podcasters to search the directory -no requirement to even register for the site. No charge to sponsors to register!! Check it out! We're hoping it's the beginning of something BIG!

PS -podcasters can even become sponsors for other podcasters if they want

www.podcastdesigns.com/podads/podads.html

Thanks!
Becky Crockett

SFEley
Dec 19th, 2005, 12:04 PM
PodAds, a division of Podcast Designs, is going to consist of a huge directory of people willing to sponsor podcasters. They decide how much they want to pay for what type of advertising whether in the podcasts or on websites. They decide if they want the podcaster to have a certain number of listeners or previous shows or rating.
Hi Becky,

I'm just curious -- have you done market studies to verify that there is a significant demand for this service? I.e., are there really large numbers of sponsors out there right now with money to spend, whose major frustration is that they can't find any podcasts to give that money to? And are they satisfied with "passive" solutions to this problem, where they create some visibility and wait for podcasters to come to them? If so, that's great for you and I wish you the best of luck. I'm just a little surprised.

I hadn't heard of Podcast Designs before, BTW. I really like some of the logo work on your main site.

podcast designs
Dec 19th, 2005, 01:56 PM
PodAds is a brand new site, so we are still working on our marketing. I know that there is a demand from podcasters for a good source to find sponsors. This is the reason behind starting this service. Anyone who has a good following of people such as a radio station, magazine, television station, etc is able to find someone to sponsor them. Podcasting is starting to become a huge industry, some believe may become more popular than terestrial radio. If this is the case, then businesses will discover the benefit of advertising through podcasters. Many have hundreds to thousands to tens of thousands of listeners. Any business will see that this amount of listenership will lead to increased sales if they advertise through them.

Through personal experience, every mention of my business, Podcast Designs, by a podcaster, such as Geek News Central and Podsqod, has led to at least 3 new customers. So I know it works. It may take some convincing and some hard numbers and statistics for businesses to catch on, but when they can decide the conditions of the advertising, what do they have to lose?

There are currently companies, such as GoTo Meeting that do marketing through podcasters, so I know the interest is out there.

womengrow
Dec 20th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Podcasters can even become sponsors for other podcasters if they want.
Hi Becky,
I think currently 90% of all podcasts have less than 100 regular listeners. If you have more than 1,000, you are practically a superstar.
I don't yet see advertisers paying significant dollars to a show that has 100 listeners, and podcasters don't necessarily want to muddle their program with ads for a payout of a few cents.
I think you have a good idea, but services like yours are springing up fast before there seems to be a viable market environment. I wish you all the best, and if you can bring a great deal of patience to the table, you could be successful.

tabulator32
Dec 21st, 2005, 05:53 AM
I'm going to look for some company to provide gift cards for my weekly contest prizes. (Providing I can't find a $100,000.00 sponsor first, of course.)

kinkysex
Dec 21st, 2005, 06:08 AM
I, too am more ineterested in stuff to give away at this point.

I need tchockies!

Marilynfan
Dec 21st, 2005, 06:18 AM
I'm glad to see I am not the only one who is safisfied by the smaller stuff. My show will never get the BIG MONEY sponsors because my audience is so narrow. However, I am getting companies who sell MM items interested in sending me promotional material to give away as prizes on my show. I'm really thrilled about that and if that is as commerical as I ever get that suits me just fine.

kinkysex
Dec 21st, 2005, 06:43 AM
Don't get me wrong; in the future I would like sponsorship. But, right now I only have about 500 listeners - so, there's no point. I think a LOT of shows are in this range. How about a service to connect us to giveaways?

Give aways increase my numbers and listener/host bond. Giveaways also increase brand indentity. It's a win/win.

Marilynfan
Dec 21st, 2005, 06:53 AM
Yeah, giveaways help alot. I always notice my numbers go up if there is a contest running. I should clarify my stance as well :) I am not against big sponsorship by any means (if the estate of MM calls me - sign me up!) but with my particular niche I don't want to have unrealistic expectations.

podcast designs
Dec 21st, 2005, 07:54 AM
Thank you for all of your input everyone. This has given me some very good ideas -as far as companies, etc donating promotional giveaway stuff.

One thing though about the site is it is very flexible in that any little rinky dink company can offer a percentage of sales or anything like that, so they can offer that to a podcaster with any number of listeners without losing money. I actually have my Podcast Designs company that does album art and other web designs on there for 25% of referred sales. And you only have to have 100 listeners and 5 previous shows. I'm not a big corporation by ANY means but business does go up with just about every mention that a podcaster gives my site, so it's worth it to me to offer some of the earnings, you know? I get so many return customers and other people that were referred by previous customers. It really helps.

Hmm, by the way if anyone would like to give away a free design, I'm up for that too.

Thanks everyone! :o)

Becky Crockett
[email protected]

podcast designs
Jan 3rd, 2006, 08:08 PM
Well, sorry folks, I know a lot of people have seen this thread so I feel bad cancelling the site, but I just don't have the time to put in to set up a site like this. And I didn't really get the response I was hoping for. There's a few other sites out there getting ready to start up something similar to this, so watch for it. For now, I'm just going to focus on my graphic design business, Podcast Designs. If I find the demand later on and everyone decides they want to charge for it, then maybe I'll start it up again so ya'll don't have to pay for the service.

tabulator32
Jan 4th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Realistically, a two-week trial over the Christmas Holidays is not a very substantial trial period for a new business so don't be too distraught. Building up a business usually takes much longer.

'Sorry you decided to throw in the towel so quickly. Good luck with your design service.

podcast designs
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Well, when I started it, I didn't know that there were already companies providing this service. I just saw the need for it and thought I would see how it would go. I think I may end up starting it up again later, but I'll be sure to get a couple reliable businesses in the directory before anything else. So if anyone has a business that they would still be interested in signing up to sponsor someone's show, feel free to still email me and once I get a few sponsors, I'll set it up again.

podcast designs
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:47 AM
For now, if anyone would like to sign up to sponsor a podcaster or check out what we already have, I have it set up at http://podcastdesigns.wordpress.com Just send an email to [email protected] if you want to sign up.

tabulator32
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Who determines what it costs to sponsor a show? The show producer, the sponsor, or you? Or is it negotiated?

podcast designs
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:06 AM
The sponsors choose their terms -how much or what percent or whatever and also required listeners/previous shows/subject, etc

That way it will be more attractive to businesses and then podcasters can just look through and find one that they like that they are qualified for and reply to the business.